Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Swim Conference - Day 2

Swim season is now over. What a fun summer we have had watching Jorja learn to swim, and doing quite well. Jorja competed in the butterfly this morning. She swam the 25 in 29.39 - I'm pretty sure that is her best time. I was scheduled to help label the awards today. They let Jorja stay in the room with me. It was great. She loved putting the stickers on the ribbons and medals. Jorja's coach came and grabbed her when she needed to swim and I was able to run out and watch. It was nice to be in an air conditioned room when everywhere else was so hot. It was also nice to have something to do and to spend the time with Jorja. This meet was indoors and pretty fancy. They had an official scoreboard that shows the time and automatically stops with a touch pad.

This evening we were also working with the ribbons and medals. Mike helped us too and we finished soon after the meet was over. (There is one person helping from each club, so it went quickly.) Jorja swam the freestyle relay tonight. I was glad Mike was on top of things because I might have missed getting her to the event! She got there just fine though and was so cute swimming with her fish cap.
Jorja
The last two days after swimming, we have let Jorja pick somewhere to go after her swim meet. She has fallen in love with Maggie Moo's icecream. I remember there used to be one near our house. (I remember seeing it when visiting. The name kind of sticks out.) It is not there now. Good thing because the icecream was delicious. I'm glad I don't drive past that kind of temptation every day!

On the way home Mike reminded me we hadn't read our scriptures for the day. Maysen was going to put the boys to bed, we didn't want them to forget. I called to remind them. Stockton answered the phone by saying, "Yes, Maysen and I have already read our scriptures." Haha. Then when we got home, right as we walked in the door our ottoman was standing on it's edge with this sign.
There were also scriptures left on my laptop. Glad they don't want us to forget as well. So far we are 100% this year. That is quite impressive, especially since we are reading the Old Testament. Today talked about how David tried to look mad and was foaming at the mouth. The Old Testament sure can be weird.

No comments: