Saturday, August 27, 2011

Parry Family Dinner

We had a Parry Family Dinner at my house today. Chad & Heather and their families were able to come for dinner and swimming, along with my dad and Max. Bubs & his family and Glade and Diane were able to come to visit for awhile. They both had weddings to go to, just not the same wedding.

I wish I had taken pictures, but I guess I was too busy enjoying the company. Eden was a brave little firecracker. She talks in this squeaky excited voice. She is excited about everything! She loved going down the slide. Alden even went down the slide on his belly. His mom would catch him of course.

Lily was cute. She was in a floaty, but discovered the water was behind her too. She would lean her head all the way back and turn her head very slowly to get her hair wet. Adorable. Jennifer has the same frog bathrobe as Jorja. It was cute when they both had them on....not sure what Jennifer thought about that though. Aubrey didn't want to leave. (Yay!) I still get a kick of seeing Eric next to Jorja. I remember holding Jorja while I was visiting Aunt Kris. Heather had Eric on the edge of her bed. Eric was probably three months old and weighed more than Jorja - who was about eight or nine months old at the time. I remember Mike was pacing back and forth. Aunt Kris asked if he wanted to sit down. He told her he was fine. She said, "Oh good, why don't you carry a dust rag with you then." Or something along those lines. I thought it was so funny. What made me love it though was I could picture my mom saying the exact same thing. Kris had her mannerisms and her humor. It was a little bit of my mom in the room. Miss her, and my mom.....

Anyway, enough of the reminiscing. Today was really fun. I love being around my cousins. Nothing earth shattering to report, just a fun - enjoyable day. Mike did hit his head while he was doing a reverse flip cannonball. That was scary and I'm glad he didn't get permanently injured. I guess it was a good reminder of how careful we need to be. Other than that, things were perfect.

3 comments:

Chad said...

Steph, that was super fun. Eden has been talking about water slides all day. Thanks!

Heather said...

Thanks again for inviting us! Of course Eric and Aubrey have been asking us to go back, but Jennifer came up to me and said, "Want to go SWIMMING!" yesterday. It was a great night!

Stephanie said...

Awesome!