Monday, August 15, 2011

Park City

Wow! Today was long and wonderful. It started off kind of weird though. Mike had spent several days getting rid of the rocks and weeds that border our grass and the street. He then put a weed blocking tarp (or something like that) down and filled this space with bark. It looked much better. Today when we woke up, almost all of our bark had washed down the street. Not just a little way down, it was scattered four or five houses down. Great.

But we couldn't worry about that today. First, Mike dropped Stockton off at diving while I got Preston ready to go to my dad's house. We then gathered the girls and went to pick up Stockton. I was hoping we would have time for them to watch him dive, but we were too late. Although when we got there, some of the college divers had put a mini-tramp on top of the 10-meter platform. That was CRAZY to watch!

Stockton got changed and then we were off to Park City. We had bought a Groupon awhile ago for unlimited use of the Ultra zip line and the Alpine slide. We also had fun going through the Olympic museum. It's crazy that Jorja wasn't even born when the Olympics were in Salt Lake.

Stockton and Maysen both said they liked the Alpine slide better than the zip line. I did too. The zip line was fun, but it wasn't as scary as you would think. It really was a gentle ride. Mike and I rode the Xtreme zip line. Too bad the kids didn't weigh enough to go on that one. Still not scary, but you do go fast. It's fun to hear the wind in your ears as you fly down the mountain. Mike said Stockton was really cute on the first ride up. He kept saying how much fun this was.

We also enjoyed watching the ski jumpers practice into the pool. There were little kids jumping into the water off of a small ramp. It looked like a lot of fun. I bet it is hard to swim to the edge with the skis. Stockton said, "Too bad you always have to land feet first."

We ended the day with a short trip to the outlet mall. I was hoping to get new crocs for the kids, but they were too expensive. In Georgia, I was able to find them at the outlet mall for $5. They had $5 crocs here too, if you had a size 14 foot. They were huge! We ended the trip with a visit to Maggie Moo's. I went next door and got a Jamba Juice instead. I don't think I have ever been there.... We did have a wonderful day, and it was nice to spend it with the kids doing something a little bit different then our normal routine.
Mike
Stephanie
Maysen
Stockton
Jorja
Maysen
Stockton
Jorja
Stephanie, Stockton, Maysen, Jorja
Maysen, Stockton, Jorja
Maysen
Stockton & Jorja
Maysen & Stockton
Stephanie & Jorja
Jorja
Stockton & Jorja
Jorja & Stockton
Maysen
Once we were home we played Dominion. Yesterday we let Stockton pick all the cards for Dominion....then Jorja got a turn, so today Maysen got to pick her favorite cards to play with. We then watched an Amazing Race while we waited for my dad to bring Preston home.

Preston had a fantastic day! My dad wore him out! He played Nintendo 64 with him, took him to the aquarium, McDonalds, and a bouncy place. Preston was wiped out when he got home. He said he had a super-fun day. He then wanted my dad to come in and play Mario Kart Wii. Preston told my dad he would go easy on him. A few games later, Stockton wanted to play. Preston said, "No, that won't be fun. Stockton will win." Preston let him play anyway. We also played Wario Ware before my dad left to go home at 9. I am so glad Preston had such a wonderful time. My dad mentioned that maybe he should spend a one-on-one day with each of the grandkids. Sounds like a great idea to me! Preston felt so special!

What a day! Mike and I ended it by trying to clean up some of the bark that made it down the street. We are about half way done. Hopefully we can get the rest cleaned up tomorrow. I think I am exhausted now.....

1 comment:

brett said...

I say let nature take its course with the bark. It will eventually find its way back to where it needs to be.