Thursday, August 11, 2011

Leatherwoods - Part 2

Another great day of summer. First I started with a run to my mom's grave. I was able to make it all the way there and most of the way back without stopping. I did start walking when I reached the top of the hill, but that was at the end of the run. That is a very good accomplishment considering I haven't run since college.

I then took Stockton to diving, dominated at Dominion, did laundry, took Jorja to and from Chinese camp, and then played all day. Yes, I do have a rough life. Bubs & Ange came over to swim along with the Leatherwoods. Bubs & I swam with Lincoln, Ella, Abbs & Preston for about an hour before the Leatherwoods came. Once they came, Stockton came out to swim as well. He had fun diving with John. I was able to enjoy their visit more this time because I didn't have to be worried about forgetting to pick up Jorja from Chinese camp.

Sage was so cute. Kalani (her dad) would put her on the diving board. She would clap her hands over and over. Finally she would lean over and dive head first into the pool with her mouth open. Kalani would pick her up quick, she would cough and then would be ready to do it all over again. Stockton loved doing cannonballs right next to Sage. That made me nervous, but Sage seemed to like it.
Sage
I asked Mike to come and take a picture of Sage. Right when he brought the camera out, this is what he caught our boys doing. I'm not sure this is a good idea.
Laura, Kalani & Sage watching Preston on Stockton's back
While I was in the pool, Maysen and Jorja somehow conned Bubs into taking them to the store. Then they made a cake. It turned out quite well. Jorja said, "We asked dad if we could make a cake because we knew you would say no." How well they know me.

No comments: