Friday, August 19, 2011

I'm Not Tickleable!

That is what Preston told me when I asked him to pick up his blocks. Random, but it did make everybody laugh.

Mike had the day off. I love it when that happens! He actually was scheduled to have Tuesday off, but I asked him if he could switch it to Friday. I had two places to be at the same time and no idea what I was going to do about it. Luckily they said that Friday was even better than Tuesday.

Mike and I took Jorja to The Old Spaghetti Factory for lunch today. She had a free kids meal award that she was given when we first moved here. It expires in a few days, so we decided to live it up! We were able to eat in the trolley, and both Mike and I enjoyed our time with the Porge.

Mike took Maysen and Preston to Maysen's orthodontist appointment while I took Stockton and Jorja to meet their teachers. All of their teachers seemed really nice. I think Stockton's teacher, Mrs. Ramey, will be perfect for him . . . I hope. She loves math, although she won't be teaching math to Stockton. She didn't seem to be bothered at all with the fact that Stockton will be late every day because of his math class at the middle school. He won't be too late on Monday - Thursday, just about 45 minutes. But on Friday the middle school has a late start, so Stockton will be at least and hour and 45 minutes late. There were two names on the class list that Stockton recognized. At least he will know a few faces the first day of class. Also Josh is going to be in his math class at the middle school. He lives one street up from us and is in Stockton's primary class. He also is a 6th grader, but goes to a different elementary school. I'm excited Josh was put in the same class as Stockton.

Jorja is officially in Mrs. Wu's class. That is because she has Chinese the first half on the day. She will go to Mrs. Redd's class for English. Every month her English and Chinese class will be switched. Luke and Will are in her class, but Ashley and William are in Mrs. Redd's class. At least Jorja will be able to see them at lunch and recess. I was really hoping she would have class with Ashley.
Jorja & Mrs. Wu
Mrs. Redd & Jorja
Stockton & Mrs. Ramey
Mike ordered a Dominion trophy. He has spent quite a bit of time adding sound to it. As we were playing today, every minute it would say, "All hail Lady Yakama! Current Dominion champion!" Lady Yakama is Maysen's 'name'. We were teasing Mike that his voice sounded like Kermet the Frog. Too bad Maysen won the game again, so she gets to keep the trophy. I got to get it back from her! Wait, I never owned it . . . but I will, oh yes, I will.

No comments: