Monday, August 29, 2011

'Homeschool' for the Boy

We got a package for Preston in the mail today! It is his "homeschool" stuff. Hopefully we can start on that tomorrow. I did the Calvert kindergarten curriculum for the girls. It was such a fun, bonding experience. (I did it a little with Stockton, but he was bored to tears, so we scratched that.....he was able to read from chapter books when he was four anyway - he taught himself.) Anyway, I'm looking to having some fun one-on-one time with Preston. I know I get one-on-one time with him everyday now, but this is somehow different. Hopefully he will love it as much as the girls. We shall see..... For my other three kids, I bought the curriculum. I remember it being expensive, but not more than a couple of months of preschool. This time when I looked it up it was crazy expensive! Something like $675. I'm not positive, but it was over $600. I know there is no way I spent that much money before. I was quite sad because I had planned on doing this with Preston, but I really didn't want to pay that much. On a whim I checked e-bay. Someone was selling the entire curriculum for $275. Thank goodness! I know I won't be able to use the computer parts of the program, but I don't care about that. All I wanted was the math and reading anyway. It comes with science and art.... oh how I love science and art.

No comments: