Thursday, August 18, 2011

Happy Birthday Mom!

My mom would have been 64 today. That is hard to imagine. It would have been awesome. Jorja wanted to make a dessert pizza, so we decided to make this lovely creation instead of cupcakes.
The recipe called for peanut butter, but we put nutella in instead. In retrospect, we should have let the pizza cool a lot longer before we ate it . . . it probably would have stayed together better. I'm guessing I would have liked it a lot better with the peanut butter. I'm sure my kids liked it better this way. Weird that none of them like peanut butter. The younger two can stand it, it just isn't their favorite.

Anyway, it was a lot of fun cooking with the Porge. We ran to the store to get nutella and she wore her apron and hat. So cute.
Jorja
Jorja, Stockton, Maysen, Preston
Mike made the most delicious hot dogs for dinner. He grilled tomatoes from our garden, pineapple and the hot dog of course. It was fantastic. Grilled tomatoes are my new favorite.
After dinner we watched Gnomeo and Juliet. Once the kids were in bed, Mike and I ran to my mom's grave. It was pretty dark, so we took Maysen & Jorja's finger lights. Worked perfect. I carried flowers and a small balloon, Mike carried a water bottle for the flowers. I like being able to run to her grave when ever I feel like it. I wanted to have a picnic at her grave, but that didn't work out. It was very relaxing to lay on the grass, listen to the crickets and look at the stars. Although I would prefer playing Boggle with her instead. I guess I'll just take what I can get.

No comments: