Saturday, August 13, 2011

Grandpa Flips Out

My dad and Cathy, Max and Mia, Bubs & family, Matt & Sam, Grandma & Gayle, and "the cousins" came over for lunch today. Three of my dad's cousins were in town. Peggy, Jane and Sally. I remember my dad always referring to them as the cousins - I also remember him saying their names as fast as he could. Anyway, today was really fun. The cousins brought sandwiches from Blimpie, my dad brought pizza from Little Caesars and all sorts of drinks - including spa water. He had lemons and cucumbers sit in this class container over night. Then he put it in the box, full of water, and brought it to my house. That thing was heavy! I can't believe he didn't drop it on his foot!

We had a very pleasant and enjoyable afternoon until Jane realized her flight was booked for 6 AM instead of 6 PM. Oops. Luckily Peggy was able to talk Southwest into letting Jane on their flight. I'm glad it worked out, it was really nice to spend the day with them. Sad if Jane had to already go home.
Dad
Bubs & Abigail
Gayle and Grandma
Ange is the only one who would put sunscreen on my dad's back.
Grandma & Peggy
Sam & Matt
Gayle, Jane & Grandma, Peggy, Sally
Grandma, Jane, Peggy, Sally
Jorja
My dad's flip! Love it!
I told Maysen and Stockton that today they needed to be social. Didn't work. Maysen said, "Mom! I need to write! Don't you understand?" Nope. Can't say that I do. In the history of my life I have never felt the need to write.

After my dad and the cousins left, we played Dominion. We had a lot of people so there were two games going. Lincoln really knows how to play that game. We started a Pirate game with Maysen, Mike, Matt and I after the kids were in bed. Matt won the game in a Sloop! Seriously! He never got out of a sloop, but had a ton of money....his last turn he attacked a merchant and came up with enough to win. Crazy.

Today was such a great day. I am so happy that I live in Utah again and can enjoy my family more than twice a year!

No comments: