Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Frog - Dog - Cat - & Outlet Cover?

I took the kids to a ceramic painting studio today. Jorja chose a frog (surprise), Preston a dog (surprise again), Maysen a cat and Stockton chose an outlet cover. He said we needed one - which is true. We spent two hours there, and the kids were great. I was worried at first, but I ended up being worried over nothing. Thank goodness.
Jorja
Preston
Maysen
While we were at the studio, the middle school called and said they approved Stockton to take math there next year. I just needed to come in and fill out some paperwork. I did that and he now is officially on the schedule. He has the same math teacher as Maysen - just at different times. The plan is for Stockton and Maysen to ride the bus together, then after first period I will pick up Stockton and take him to elementary school. He will be a little late, but it shouldn't be a problem. I hope this works out and is a good decision to do his schooling this way. I guess only time will tell.

I also got Maysen and Stockton's CRT results. They received 4s on everything. I wasn't sure what that meant, because a 4 out of 10 wouldn't be the greatest result. I asked at the office and was told that 4 is the highest. I expected them to score high on language arts and math, but I have no idea how they pulled a 4 out of science. I'm 100% positive they get their test taking abilities from their dad.

Maysen and I made dinner for Bubs & Ange today. We made macaroni & cheese, stuffed peppers (thanks Stouffer's), and a fruit pizza. We spent the most time on the pizza because it was fun. I wish I had taken a picture of it, I even mentioned this in the car as we were driving up there. Just now when I was looking for my camera, guess where I found it . . . in the car. I am very intelligent.

After stopping at Bubs', I wanted to take the girls to Red's Yogurt. I remember loving it when I was in high school. We followed my gps to their location, but there was no yogurt store. I guess I have to update my maps. We decided on Iceburg instead. Jorja got a cookies & cream milkshake. She didn't like it because there was a slight peanut butter flavor. I asked at the counter if that was normal. They made her another one. She got mint and HATED it. She said it tasted like toothpaste. Oh well. You win some, you lose some.

No comments: