Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Bryan's Wedding

Mike was able to come and watch Stockton dive today. I also brought our camera. He didn't go off the platform today, so no pictures of that.
Stockton ~ inward
I thought this picture was funny. Someone on each platform.
Tonight was Bryan Leatherwood's wedding. Their reception was at Larkin Cemetery. Well, actually at the flower shop at the cemetery. It was really pretty inside. I went to the reception with Bubs and Dustin. None of my kids wanted to go, I was able to tease them about the Cold Stone icecream they served there. Delicious. I got chocolate marshmallow and strawberry caramel. Bubs mocked my choice and said, "That is disgusting! Who would order that?" Right as he said that Dustin said, "Make that two." Funny. Trust me.

The funniest comment from the night came from Dustin. Laura was holding her baby, Sage. Bubs and I were introducing Dustin. Dustin said, "Oh, are you Bryan's mom?" I laughed so hard!!! Classic.

When we arrived at the wedding reception, Bubs let down the ramp for Dustin's wheelchair. Then Dustin wanted to leave it out with his door open! I couldn't believe it! Dustin said, "What are they going to steal? My umbrella?" So the entire time we were at the reception, Dustin's van door was all the way open with his ramp out. Bizarre. It did make for an efficient exit.

Dustin was telling us about when he and Natalie got married. Their car was decorated and he was worried about the paint. So, after they left the reception they went to a car wash. Once the car wash had started he remembered his wheelchair was in the back . . . going right through the car wash. Whoopsie.

Today was a really great day. A long day, but really fun. Mike ordered Dominion Intrigue so we stayed up late with the kids playing the game. It's nice to have a game that even Stockton will play. Doubly nice that I won! Jorja actually tied me, but I had the fewest turns - so that makes me the victor!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Haha poor Dustin, his embarrassing question is on the web now. He felt so dumb. He said he wasn't even thinking, and didn't really think it was his mom for real, it was just a weird, stupid moment where he wasn't thinking straight. I'm glad you got a good laugh, I'm sure Laura didn't ;) We've been leaving his ramp down everywhere we go since it broke, cuz it's annoying to open it manually. And yeah.. seriously all we have is an umbrella in there hahah that's funny he said that. And yes, the wheelchair going through the car wash was hilariously horrible :) Wow, sorry for the long comment!

Natalie said...

Oh yeah, I meant to say that Stockton is amazing! Holy cow that dive is crazy cool!

Stephanie said...

Natalie it was so funny! It was obvious that he didn't mean what he said but we couldn't stop laughing. Bubs says he is going to get a lot of milage out of that one!