Thursday, August 25, 2011

Back to School Night

I attended Back to School Night at Maysen's middle school. It was nice to put a face to the names I see on her schedule. Maysen has enjoyed her history teacher so far (Maysen HATES history.) I enjoyed her as well. She is extremely organized - no wonder Maysen likes her. It will be interesting to notice if her attitude about history changes.

I thought her science teacher was great too. Especially when he said he doesn't like to assign homework because he wants to make sure the students learn the subjects correctly. He thought the parents would have other interests besides science. Nicely put and I completely agree.

I hope Maysen has a good year. I think she is going to enjoy it at lot more than her time at Mason Creek Middle School. That was a nightmare. They have a new principal this year, so hopefully it will become a better school. I don't know the principal, but his wife was my kids Reading Bowl coach - and she is amazing. Hopefully he is too.

No comments: