Monday, August 8, 2011

1,000th Post!

Yes, I am officially proud of myself. Today is my 1,000th post - in 1,000 days. Pretty cool. The winners to be part of this moment are . . . The Leatherwoods!

Bryan Leatherwood is getting married in a few days, so all the Leatherwoods are together. I had been harassing Laura to bring everyone to my house to swim. We had 22 kids and 8 adults. That was just the Leatherwoods. My dad came to help me watch Lincoln, Ella and Abby. Ange had a follow up doctor appointment from her surgery last week.

Phil asked me if this was the most people we had swim at one time. I told him it was a new record. He asked me what the old record was. I just said, "You crushed the record." I had a wonderful time. It was great seeing people who are practically family. Julie was so cute, she said, "This is the best swim party ever!" with the biggest smile on her face. Pretty awesome. (For the record, Julie does great back flips . . . and one and a halves . . . I think I saw Leslie do a backflip, but I'm not sure.) The Leatherwoods are going to come back for one last hurrah before Leslie and Julie leave to Arkansas and Colorado. I'm not sure if any of the others live out of town . . . I'll have to pay attention. (As loyal readers of this blog know, that is not my strong suit.)
I'm not even going to attempt labeling these
Phil diving
Other things that happened today were: Stockton started diving again. I know, he took a whole weekend off! He loved his diving today! Except the warm-ups. This diving is more intensive than the community dive program. He loved it. Besides having a 1-meter and 3-meter spring board, there were 5-meter, 7-meter and 10-meter platforms. Stockton jumped off the 7-meter and did 1 1/2s off the 5-meter. He also did an inward flip for the first time. He was not excited to try that dive, but he did great!

Jorja started her Chinese camp today. This week she will be going to school for three hours a day. She didn't have too much to say about it except her table is the frog table. She's quite happy about that. There is also a boy that is starting Chinese for the first time. Man I feel for him. The first couple of months were hard! Hopefully Jorja won't be as far behind when this school year starts. I'm hoping that she will be caught up by the end of 3rd grade. She works really hard, but it is quite a challenge.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

That is sooo fun! I love the Leatherwoods. The picture of Phil diving is great haha.

brett said...

You've almost caught up to my previous record of 2,000 posts, keep it up.

Sounds like a fun party, that would be fun to be there. Maybe one day we'll have all the Leatherwoods and Millburns at the same party...and set a new pool record. Probably not, but that would be cool.

Stephanie said...

Brett - that would be cool! We would definitely set a new record!