Friday, July 29, 2011

Nerdfest

While Maysen, Stockton and I were out running, we noticed the welcome sign said, "Welcome Nerdfest". I thought for sure Mike put that up. He was having a company party today. He didn't. I'm not sure if there was another nerdfest going on, if there was - talk about great timing.
Mike talked his work into having a party at our house. The party was just for his group, so there were about ten people, plus some kids. Nate and Jen brought over food last night. Everyone seemed to have a great time. Mike was very pleased.
Bill
Abe
John brought over his Rock Band equipment
Bill, Jen, Abe, Bear
The little guys had a great time swimming and riding cars, but the highlight was the trains! Mason didn't want to leave. He told his dad he wanted to stay here forever. (That is exactly what we are going for!)
Cole, Mason, Preston
Maysen and Jorja were suppose to have an ice skating performance today. I had planned on taking them, but I wasn't sure how I was going to fit everything in. I went and asked them if they would be disappointed if they didn't go. Both were fine not going. Maysen seemed relieved. I totally blew the performance off. I have never blown anything off before. I'm glad I did though, I think I would have been too stressed out to enjoy it anyway.

Stockton had diving practice tonight - that was the main reason I blew off ice skating. They let the divers dive on the board they will be competing on next week. There were three dive times and Stockton's coach sent an e-mail letting everyone know they were going to practice there on Saturday. That didn't work for us. Henry B. Eyring is speaking at Mike's family reunion. I didn't want to miss it - and I didn't want Stockton to miss it. I called Stockton's coach to let him know we wouldn't be there and asked if we could go tonight or if we needed to have a dive coach there. He called back and said that you needed a dive coach, but he called one of the other coaches who would look out for Stockton. I thought that was so nice.

When Stockton and I arrived, I found the dive coach and introduced Stockton to him. Not only did he let us dive with his team, he coached Stockton just like he would one of his own students. It was great. They also had a three meter diving board here. Stockton was excited about that. There were a ton of kids at the beginning. Stockton waited in line about 20 minutes. I thought I saw steam coming out of his ears. So, we came up with a new plan. I waited in line for the 1 meter while he dove off the 3 meter (which had a shorter line). This plan worked brilliantly. Stockton did the greatest one and a half off the three meter right before we left.

No comments: