Tuesday, July 5, 2011

More Fun

Remember that earring I was looking for in the pool last night? After Maysen, Stockton and I went on a run I decided to look for it. I took about two steps out the back door when I saw it sitting on the ground . . not in the pool at all! Jorja was glad to have it back.

Today was another fun filled party day. Three of my five brothers came over. My dad made taco haystacks for dinner. Grandma & Aunt Gayle also came over. They really enjoyed sitting in the back yard. Matt invited a girl named Sam. She was really nice and Maysen was very impressed with her. Cassie gave Matt Sam's number a few months ago. We were impressed that Matt called her! Sam is an editor so we joked with Matt that he needed to stay on good terms with her. My dad, my brother Mike, Matt & Sam played wiffle ball for a long time! Pretty safe to say that the boys were impressed with Sam's skills.

Larkin & Skye enjoyed the pool. I wish I could have gone swimming with them. Mike and I were frantically trying to get Maysen ready for girls camp. She leaves tomorrow but had to have her stuff dropped off this evening.

I wish the weather would have been better. It wasn't too bad, but not good enough for smores. We were talking by the back door when Mike went to move the sprinklers. At this time it was drizzling. I mentioned how it was raining so we probably didn't need sprinklers. Mike said it would need to rain a lot more than it was. At this point it promptly starting pouring buckets really, really hard. Maysen thought that was about the funniest thing.

Soon everyone but Matt had left. We got the younger kids to bed and played Pirates with Maysen. Matt and I were pretty pathetic pirates. It had something to do with Mike and Maysen having a plethora of navy cards. I ended up sinking Matt's sloop. Maysen won quite easily.

I have had so much fun these last few days, but I am about beat. Hopefully I'll sleep well tonight!
Skye, Larkin, Preston, Ella
Dad
Matt
Dad & Sam
Sam, Dad & Matt
Maysen
Larkin
Skye
Pretty rainbow, but not a pretty picture
I don't think we ever saw rainbows in Georgia. I don't know why that is, it sure rained enough. We really do enjoy seeing them here though.

No comments: