Friday, July 15, 2011

Fantastic Fabulous Day!

Crazy fun day! I woke up extra early to make yummy things to eat. I then took Jorja to her swim meet. She only had 2 events today! Hooray! I was worried I would be at the swimming pool all morning, and I had a lot I wanted to get done. Jorja swam the mixed freestyle. Mixed means boys and girls . . . obviously. Jorja placed 2nd out of 15 with a time of 24.86. She also swam in the mixed backstroke event and placed 5th out of 25 with a time of 32.89. Nice job Porgie!

The most exciting thing of the day happened next. Wait, most exciting thing of the month . . . maybe most exciting event of the year. Alisha came over! Can you believe it? Let me say that again. ALISHA was here! In person.

Because I didn't have a blog during my Alisha days, I'm going to take just a second to catch my blog up. I met Alisha a couple of times real quick in Utah when I was first married. Mike (my husband) and Matt (Alisha's husband) were working for the same start up company. We both moved to Washington. One night when the guys were working late, Alisha showed up on my doorstep. I was pregnant with Maysen at this time. We had a great time that night and just clicked. I remember how excited she was waiting for Maysen to be born. She kept telling me to hurry and get her here, but Maysen wanted to come on her due date and would not be rushed. I have a picture of Alisha holding Maysen the day she was born. I would put it on here, but I'm not going to look for it now, and I have a ton of pictures from today.

Anyway, I loved hanging out with Alisha when we lived in Washington, but we really became good friends when we both moved to Georgia. We lived in the same apartment complex for about six months while our houses were being built. We built our houses in the same subdivision. Alisha and I did everything together. We watched each others kids constantly. It made Georgia not lonely. Alisha watched Maysen and Stockton for every doctor appointment I had when I was pregnant with Jorja. Then when does Jorja decide to be born? On Cameron's 3rd birthday! Alisha and Matt were great about it. They just added Maysen and Stockton to all their plans like they were members of their own family. Thank goodness, because I don't know what I would have done without them.

When Jorja was about five months old, Alisha and her family moved back to Washington. I was so sad when I found out they were moving. It was heartbreaking. Then what day did they move? May 20th. The same day my mom died. I remember thinking, "Of course, this day stinks." Maysen and I have been lucky enough to visit them twice after they moved, but we haven't seen them for FIVE years! How did that happen? Oh right, we lived across the country from each other. Anyway, they are now moving to Arizona. On their way down they were able to stop by and play with us. I was so, so happy to see Alisha! Hopefully it won't be another five years until we can see each other again.

Just a few weird things I wanted to mention. Cameron is taller than me. That's not right. Maysen remembers Cassidy with blond hair and was quite surprised that it is brown now. Alisha still doesn't eat meat, and I forgot the pasta salad I was so excited to have for her. Matt is still a goofball.
Alisha & Matt
Cameron, Kennedy, Cassidy
Cameron
Matt
Jorja & Cassidy
Kennedy
Cassidy
Cameron
Preston . . . trying to get the camera from Maysen
Maysen
Stockton & Maysen
Preston was so funny today. He did about a billion bellyflops in a row. On purpose! Okay, maybe not a billion, but at least ten. Then he would swim to me and ask if it was a good one. So funny! I'll need to get Mike to take a video of that, because it was nuts!

Matt is an amazing photographer. You can see a lot of his pictures at blog.molen.net. Seriously beautiful. Mike and Matt took pictures of Alisha and I before they left. Proof she was actually here!
Matt
Too bad I look like some old shriveled wrinkled woman that has been smoking for thirty years. Tan does not look good on me. Although in my defense, I am standing next to Alisha. I have a ton of pictures of us . . . okay five, but I just love them all!
Stephanie & Alisha
Wow . . . three shades of tan. Quite impressive.
Good-bye! I hope Arizona is good to you. Can't wait to see you again! Sorry about your floating head Kennedy.
Alisha & Matt
Cameron, Kennedy, Cassidy
Our fun wasn't over for the day. A few days ago we ordered curtains and curtain tracks to be used as a divider in the girls' room. The tracks came today. The curtains won't come for another three weeks, but the temporary curtains we have there are working great on them. So far we are very happy with the tracks. Hopefully we will like the curtains as well.
ceiling track
temporary curtain
This evening we dropped the three youngest kids off at Steve & Shannon's house. Mike, Maysen and I went to see Harry Potter. Bubs and Ange got us free tickets! Thank you! Ange's mom works for a doctor's office that rented out a theater. We got free tickets, parking voucher and even concession treats. We also got to sit in the handicapped seating. Thanks Dustin! All in all, we were pretty spoiled today. You gotta love days like that!

4 comments:

Matt said...

Expelliarmus!

Thanks for a great day, guys. The ribs, the Butterfinger pie, the fun times and conversation. We had a blast!

Alisha said...

Wow Stephanie, you have a great memory! Impressive. Just so you know, I feel the same way about you. You were always there for me when I needed someone. You have been one amazing friend. It was so good to hang out yesterday. The food was fab, the house was impressive, and the company was entertaining. It had been too long. Hopefully it won't be another 5 years!

Stephanie said...

Thanks guys! Miss you already. At least we will be only ten hours away now. That is do-able.

Natalie said...

I'm not gonna lie, it's pretty nice being married to a man in a wheelchair haha so many perks!