Monday, July 25, 2011

Diving Solo

It looks like Jorja's going to swim conference! I can't believe she made it her first year of swimming. The main swimming coach came and asked me if she would be available the first of August. When I said she would he said, "Good because we are going to need her." I asked, "For conference?" He said, "Yes, for conference." Wow. Great job Porge! I think she finds out at the end of this week what she will be swimming.

When I brought Stockton to diving practice, no one was there. Julia (who organizes the swim team) and the swim coach were in the parking lot. I asked if there was dive practice. Julia said, "No, I got the e-mail last night and thought it was too late to send it out. Mike said he told everyone." That doesn't surprise me. I'm sure he did. I'm sure I heard it. I just don't remember it. I have been forgetting a lot of things lately. I asked if Stockton could dive anyway. They said to go ahead.

Stockton had the pool to himself. He loved every minute of it. He just went dive after dive as fast as he could. He had to be getting tired. He worked a lot on his reverse and one and a half. He was doing them so well! Stockton asked me what dive I wanted him to do. I told him to see how high he could jump. He wanted to do that with a regular dive. He jumped so high! He wasn't use to being that high and as he was coming down he rotated enough to do a back flop. It was very cool. I couldn't believe how high he got. He tried his one and a half again. What a difference! I couldn't believe it! What a productive diving day.

Jorja still loves Ashley's lizard/gecko/whatever it is. Her name is Jewel and Jorja likes to wear her. I'm sure that doesn't surprise anyone. She definitely doesn't get her love of creatures from me!
Jorja & Jewel
Later Jewel climbed down her shirt. That's so creepy!

1 comment:

John P Parry said...

We have one of your childrens hats. How can they dive without that hat? Love you Grandpa