Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Tiki

Stockton and Jorja had another swim/dive meet today. This time is was at our pool, so that was nice. Stockton placed first. When Stockton finished, Mike said he would get Jorja. I was helping score. I told him she would be at achievement days or walking up to the pool. Fifteen minutes later Mike came back in a panic saying he couldn't find her anywhere. Great. Come to find out, Mike didn't realize I told him she was at achievement days, so he was looking in our house. I was so relieved! I went and picked her up and took her straight to the pool. She was swimming in the first event and got there just in time. She didn't get a chance to warm up, but at least she made it! She swam the backstroke in the relay, 25 free, 50 free (her first time....she was tired!), 25 back and a freestyle relay. She did great and should sleep well tonight!

There was this boy on the other team named Tiki, or something like that. He reminded me SO MUCH of Stockton. On one of the events when he jumped in he did a flip. His coach was MAD! We were sitting by him and he was complaining to his friends. "She gets mad at me no matter what I do....I have to get into the pool anyway, I might as well get style points....If she is mad at me for this she is going to kill me for what I'm about to do." What was he about to do? He ended up being the only one in his event. It was a 100 IM. He jumped in with a belly flop and then proceeded to swim as slow as possible. His goal was to swim in 10 minutes. He was slapping the water on the breast stroke, going as slow as possible on the back stroke and the butterfly, on the freestyle he was swimming like crazy - really slapping the water but going no where. I was laughing so hard. Man did his coach let him have it for about five minutes by the fence. Although for 20 minutes after that he was surrounded by about ten boys who thought he was the coolest thing ever. Anyways, he made me laugh - and I was sure glad it wasn't Stockton who was pulling those shenanigans!

1 comment:

Jordyn Parry said...

hahaha that's awesome, how old is Tiki?