Monday, June 13, 2011

Swim. Dive. Swim

Maysen left for Oakcrest this morning. Hard for me to believe that I have a daughter old enough to go to Oakcrest. I hope she is having a wonderful time.

I took Preston to his swimming lessons today. I started him in pre-level 3. He was in pre-level 1, but I skipped 2. Not because I didn't want him to take the second level, I skipped him because I couldn't get him in the class. It filled up too fast, so I just put him in this level. His teacher wasn't very happy about that. Oh well. After I picked up Jorja from swim lessons we all went in the pool. Preston has been too afraid to go in our pool without his life jacket on. Today I told him that his teacher wanted him to work on a few things. Holy cow did things change in an instant! Preston was nuts! He now is no longer scared of the water. Which is a good thing, but a bad thing. Now he thinks he can swim. He would barely let me hold onto him. He loved swimming from Mike to me and back to Mike. He would say, "1,2,3" and then swim. He would barely get his breath before he would do it again. I finally had to make him get out of the pool because he was shivering and his lips looked a little blue. I am very proud of how hard he worked today and how brave he was to overcome this fear. I am excited for the day he can swim by himself so I won't have to worry about the pool in the backyard.

Stockton had a diving competition today. He took first and was quite proud. He did have to stay for the swim competition. It was in Salt Lake. Mike was on call, so there was nothing he could do about it. He was quite bored toward the end. The rain delay didn't help. Jorja swam the freestyle and backstroke. She did AMAZING! She beat her freestyle time by 4 seconds. She beat her backstroke time by 8 seconds! She swam her backstroke faster than her freestyle! I think her times were 34 on freestyle and 32 on backstroke. After the first competition they e-mailed the scores. I hope they do that again. Great job Porge! You were fantastic today!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I think that is such an awesome hobby/talent for them to have :) Love it