Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

I asked Mike what he would like me to make for Father's Day dinner. He said, "I want to do the cooking." Man, he really doesn't trust me! Actually he just likes to cook. Pretty sweet deal for me. He made chicken, steak and shrimp kabobs. We gave Mike an underwater camera, but technically his present was a bag for his lawnmower he got a few months ago....but that seemed kind of boring.

The kids sang in church again. Jorja told Preston she would give him a quarter if he used the stairs. I was up on the stand helping the kids. Preston looked like he couldn't decide what he should do. I picked him up and carried him with me. He didn't like that AT ALL, so I put him down. He ended up jumping down the stairs, which was better than climbing over the edge. We need to have a family home evening lesson on reverence - again. We decided that after we watched Stockton get out of the chapel by jumping over a few pews. He was really fast, but dang it . . . why do they do these things?

Mike finished the day by having a banana split, playing Age of Mythology with Maysen then watching The Amazing Race....season 15 I think. Mike got a call from Jerome tonight. He was playing Pirates with his boys and they were making up a speed play version. It sounded really interesting, Mike and I will have to try it that way because sometimes you just aren't in the mood to sit down for an hour and a half!

No comments: