Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Doans

Today we tried again for Maysen and Stockton to be tested by the district. We had an appointment for noon. When we arrived we were told we would need to reschedule again. Annoying. Stockton and Maysen were very broken up about it.

The rest of the day was spent getting ready for the Doans! I was SO EXCITED to see them! Ethan is going into the MTC tomorrow. We had a delicious dinner of ribs, corn on the cob, corn bread, lemonade, pineapple, watermelon and apple pie. I think I'll be full for a week! It was fun to hear about Georgia and everything that had been going on since we left. Mike also showed them a little of the commercial he was working on. They spent hours helping Mike with it before we left. Mike doesn't have it nearly finished, but they were laughing their heads off. I am so happy they came to see us while they were here!
Elder Ethan Doan, Shannan, Rick
When I was putting Stockton to bed tonight he said, "The only thing I can think of that will be good about going back to school is pizza every Monday. I can't think of one more good thing." I said, "What are you not looking forward to?" Quick as a wink he rattled off, "Don't get out early, walk single file, girls get to go first in everything, fire drills, tornado drills." I started laughing and told him there will be no tornado drills . . . but there will be earthquake drills. Maysen came up with "starting on time, listening to announcements and she will have to 'socialize'." Stockton then added, "a ton of text books in a crammed desk, go to and from school, homework, and cut & paste worksheets . . . I HATE gluing!"

I also told Preston that I was going to homeschool him next year. His reaction was, "What? No!" I told him it would be fun things like gluing marshmallows on the letter A. He laughed and then said that over and over. Then he said, "Gluing marshmallows on the letter B. Gluing marshmallows on the letter C . . . . I think you get the picture. I am going to miss the kids, but it will be nice to give Preston attention this next year. He kind of got pushed to the side a lot, so I'm looking forward to focusing on him.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I like "girls get to go first in everything" bwahaha