Saturday, June 4, 2011

Diving Board

Jorja had her time trials for swimming this morning. I was one of the timers. I was surprised that I liked it. It was nice to be busy while we were at the pool. Jorja was so cute. I told her that the cool thing about swimming is how individual it is . . . it doesn't matter where you are at at the start of the season, you just try to improve your own individual scores. Jorja's times were: freestyle: 34.40, back stroke: 36.21, breast stroke (or as Jorja likes to call it, froggy stroke): 46.08. All of these times were for 25 meters . . . I think . . . one length of the pool. I haven't learned all the swimming lingo yet. Anyway, I thought Jorja did really well for just starting a few weeks ago. I am excited to see how she will improve this summer!

Mike and I have spent the last several weeks measuring and measuring some more. We wanted the perfect diving board for our pool. Our diving board was delivered while we were at Lagoon yesterday. The kids didn't know about it. Mike spent most of the day in a small hole while installing the board. We wanted to keep it a surprise, so Mike opened the base and installed it before opening the box with the board. When he opened the box with the board there were different instructions in there with different measurements. Mike had already installed the base using the measurements that came with the base . . . so after hours of work he had to take it out and try again. The kids discovered him before he was finished. He wasn't able to get it exactly to his liking, but was able to declare it good enough so we could try it before bed.
Preston
Stockton
Jorja
Mike

No comments: