Monday, June 27, 2011

Afore

Preston always says afore instead of before. I love it.

This morning was spent swimming, swimming and more swimming. After all the swimming & diving lessons were over, Eden came and did a lesson with Jorja. Then a lesson with me, Maysen & Stockton. I am so not good. As soon as Eden left, my dad came with Cathy and Max. We swam until it was time to get ready to go to a family party. Wow.

Mike's family has always had a picnic at a park with his dad's side of the family. Only our family and Steve's family was there representing Mike's dad. Mike and I haven't gone for years and years - for obvious reasons. Maysen spent most of her time in a tree, Stockton played with cousins, Jorja roller skated & Preston had a great time until he skinned both knees. We did find out that Mike's great grandfather and Henry B. Eyring's grandmother were brother & sister. We found this out because they are having some reunion and Henry B. Eyring is the keynote speaker. Pretty cool. They only gave one paper per family, so hopefully Mike & I will get the information. I thought it was July 30th, Mike thinks it's June 30th.

On the way home we stopped for snow cones at a snow shack. That was my first time ever. I got root beer. Preston really loved it.

We put the boys to bed and then Mike and I watched The Sorcerer's Apprentice with the girls. We really enjoyed it. Now I'm curious to find out if the apprentice is the voice for Hiccup in How to Train Your Dragon. Maysen pointed out the similarity.

No comments: