Sunday, May 8, 2011

Preston Being Preston

Happy Mother's Day! Today was a GREAT day! We started the morning with crepes. Then presents. Mike and the kids gave me a Kindle (really excited about that!) and Beauty & the Beast. Jorja also gave me presents she made at school. I wore the necklace she made out of a washer to church today. I really do like it. I talked everyone into watching Beauty & the Beast with me. Pretty sure that is only something I could do on Mother's Day.

At church, the primary children sang two songs. Stockton, Jorja & Preston were all up there. After their songs I was watching Stockton walk down thinking about how this is the last time he will be up there singing with the primary for Mother's Day. He is growing up too fast. I looked over at Maysen and she is laughing her head off. She was giggling, "Preston just climbed OVER the stand to get down!" Preston then comes to us and says, "That was so much fun!" I said, "Singing to me?" He said, "No, climbing over!" I look up at the bishopric and they are laughing their heads off. Preston was right in front of them when he did his little escapade. Later Bishop Valentine congratulated Mike on Preston's athleticism. Mike said, "I'm just glad it was Preston and not Stockton." Brother Willes found me after and said, "Of the four years in the bishopric, that was the funniest thing I have ever seen." Glad we could bring some entertainment to the ward.

We had grilled cheese sandwiches and hot chocolate for dinner. One of my favorites. I pulled out the Mother's Day card again to get the kids to play Trek to Zion with me. We played it during the commercials of The Amazing Race. Our game is still going, but the race is over. Too bad the team we were rooting for didn't win. It was so fun to watch this as a family, I am glad their is something we all can enjoy together....except for Preston. He was MAD when we turned it on. He wanted to play the Wii. He kept saying, "If you let me play the wii I will give you another present." Then as I put him to bed he was crying because he wanted to sleep with his DS. "If you let me play the DS I'll give you another present." As tempting as that is little boy, I think I will have to pass.

1 comment: