Tuesday, May 17, 2011

No Further Standards

I had a conference with Stockton's teacher today. She had his results from his scantron tests. To say he did well is an understatement. He scored in the 99th percentile for both reading and math. His teacher said she would send me three areas he could work on. Then she paused and said, "It says no further standards are available for this student in this unit on everything. I have never seen that before." Stockton, you are amazing.

Stockton rode his bike to scouts today. We decided to watch Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows with Maysen. I unlocked the door upstairs so Stockton could get in. I kept going upstairs to check and see if he was home yet. At 8:20 he still wasn't home. This time I called out, "Stocky are you here?" I heard a little voice say, "Yes I am." He was outside in the back yard. He couldn't open the front door so he climbed over the fence and tried the back. He even tried to get in the window grates. My heart broke knowing he couldn't get inside. I feel horrible. He was so sweet when he got in. He wasn't angry with me at all. I can't believe that happened. I hope it never happens again.

Preston had his first swimming lesson and loved it. He was really scared to go without his life vest. He had a great time when he was there but wondered why they "didn't want them to have any fun." There were slides there, but they didn't get to go on them. I tried to explain that they were there to learn to swim, not to play on the equipment . . . . he didn't buy that.

It's almost 11 and Preston woke up. I brought him upstairs. Time to go cuddle with my little boy.

No comments: