Friday, May 27, 2011

Last Day of Homeschool

Today was a pretty great day. I finished homeschool with the kids. Bittersweet. I am going to miss all the time I was able to spend with them. I absolutely loved it. Hopefully Maysen and Stockton did too.

I got a call from the middle school today. Maysen was able to get into Honors English. I was worried for awhile because when I registered her, the class was full. Luckily the admissions lady, Kim, was my mom's best friend when they lived in the trailer park. She went to bat for me and got Maysen in. Kathy Leatherwood (my mom's best friend while I was growing up...aka my second mom) works at the school as well. She also talked to the teacher about Maysen. I am so thankful they were able to do this. It is nice knowing there are two adults that will look out for Maysen when she goes back to school.

Kim called and told me they squeezed Maysen into the English class. She also asked me if I would go to the school and pick up a packet that would be left up front for me. When I got there, they actually wanted me to go talk to the teacher. I was just in a t-shirt and sweats. When I got back to the car I realized I still had a random hair clip on the top of my head that I had put there while cleaning. It was on the counter in the kitchen, so my plan was to put it in the bathroom the next time I walked by. Seriously embarrassing. When I told Mike what happened he said, "That's my wife!" True.

We also got our new couch today! I'll have to take a picture tomorrow. The kids love it and it is so comfortable. We watched Prince of Egypt tonight. I was wondering if it was longer than the Ten Commandments. So hard to stay awake.

Stockton started his diving at our pool down the street. Needless to say, his coach was impressed. I think Stockton is going to have a lot of fun this summer.

No comments: