Saturday, April 30, 2011

Well...That Was Random

Remember yesterday how we were swimming? Well, today this is what we woke up to....and yes, my kids DID go swimming today. Mike even went twice!




Today we had a busy, busy day. First, my nephew Weston was baptized. There were three kids from their ward being baptized today. We started out in the chapel then everyone that was here for Weston was able to go to the font to watch his baptism. Maysen brought Preston up front and was explaining what was happening. We watched his baptism and as he was walking up the steps of the font Preston says, "Well, that was random."

We snuck out right after Weston's conformation, dashed to my dad's house and dropped off the kids. I barely got to see Rachel & Marie before I left. I was hopeful I would see them before we got back, but that was not the case. Mike & I then headed to the Salt Lake Temple to watch my niece Melissa get married. Quite the day going from a baptism to a wedding, but pretty cool. We didn't need to rush to the temple as the wedding was quite delayed. Melissa forgot her temple recommend. Whoops. As we were taking the family pictures out on the temple steps, we saw that Uncle George was there. He is serving a service mission and that is where he was stationed for that hour. We talked him into getting his picture taken with us. That was good timing.

Later tonight we went to Melissa's reception...after swimming of course. Her reception was at a place called Cactus & Tropicals. It is a greenhouse place that sells plants. It was really pretty. They served crepes, so my kids loved that. They had live music and dancing. Melissa is really into ballroom. It was fun to watch her and Derek dance together. When Melissa was throwing the bouquet, she had quite an arm. She overshot all the girls and the flowers landed right in Derek's hands. Pretty funny.

That's about all from today. I wished I had gotten a picture of Weston & Melissa, guess I wasn't thinking straight. It is sad to walk past our guest room and know we won't see Brett & Rachel and their family for a long, long time. I was so glad to have them come and visit. I told Rachel, "Never in a million years would I have guessed you would be the first ones to use our guest room!" I am so glad, but too bad it took an earthquake to get them here.

No comments: