Saturday, April 16, 2011

Savannah's Married!

What a day! This morning I was able to watch Savannah & Austin be sealed in the Idaho Falls Temple. I sat next to Glade! I don't know why I didn't expect him to be there, but I didn't . . . maybe it's because he's been in MONGOLIA for the past year & a half! It was so funny, when he was walking by Grandma he stopped to say hello and said, "It's Glade. Glade Powell" . . . like Grandma wouldn't know who he was. We had quite a good laugh about that afterwards.

After the wedding, I hung out with my grandparents talking and doing crossword puzzles. Glade & Heather came over and we were able to visit with them for awhile. I actually got to talk to Heather with no crazy kids running around - that's quite unusual. (Heather, I'm saying my kids are crazy . . . not yours . . .)

Around six o'clock we headed out to Savannah's reception. Let me tell you, Debie sure knows how to put on a show! The place was beautiful! I took a few pictures, but they don't do the decorations any justice.
Austin & Savannah

Savannah had a vintage theme. They had my Grandpa's WWII uniform displayed, pictures of Grandma & Grandpa & Sue. It was quite awesome.
The food was incredible! I love treats & there were a ton of the most delicious things. Missy's sister made the most amazing cupcakes. They were beautiful & tasted as good as they looked.
Lemon-Blueberry Cupcakes
Savannah looked gorgeous. She got her wedding dress at DI for $20. Of course Debie added some magic to it. Savannah & Austin had to be exhausted. They had a line out the door the entire night.

After the wedding, I stayed and "helped" clean up . . . at least I tried. Grandma & Grandpa were there the entire time. It was a pretty long day for Grandma, but I think she enjoyed it. Grandma & I stayed up talking until almost midnight. I loved my time with her so much. What a wonderful, busy weekend!

1 comment:

Heather said...

It was great to see you too! The trip was a lot more stress free not having my 2 young ones there. I wanted to go to Grandma's just ONCE without having to pull out all the puzzles, etc. :) It feels like it's been forever since I've been able to go over there kid free!