Thursday, April 7, 2011

Letter of Complaint

Stockton needed to write a letter of complaint for school. I told him I didn't mind if he made up the company, address and complaint. His eyes lit up. He loves making things up. This is his final result:

Cookie Co.
0.0 Pit of Spiky Death
Center of the Chocolate Milky Way, Zxqwb .9999

Dear Cookie Co. Person,

I read that your cookies are chocolate chip, but it turned out as burnt lemon! I would appreciate it if you edited your cookbook's recipe.

Thank you for your time. (And no, I'm not a bad cook. It's your fault.)

Sincerely,


Stockton Smith


Okay, not what I had in mind. I'm not sure he paid much attention to the "Be courteous, don't insult" part of the lesson. This kid does crack me up.

On an unrelated note, I had no idea that the expression off of is never correct. I say things like, "Get off of the couch!" all the time. I guess I am just that dumb. I'm sure Mike is rolling his eyes as he reads this thinking, "How could you not know off of is wrong, it's obvious." I also mix up the correct use of good and well. Stockton enjoys correcting me on that one. I like to call him Chad.

2 comments:

Erica said...

Creativity gets you everywhere!

Chad said...

You'll be happy to know that Elisa has corrected me on "good" and "well" several times this week. :)