Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Integrity #4

Integrity - 1. The quality of state of being complete; unbroken condition; wholeness; entirety. 2. The quality or state of being unimpaired; perfect condition; soundness. 3. The quality or state of being of sound moral principle; uprightness, honesty & sincerity.

Over the weekend I talked to my grandma about integrity. It had the added bonus as passing off a value experience for my personal progress I have been working on. Grandma said, "Integrity means honesty in your dealings. Always be honest." Simple as that. I like it.

I try to be honest in all my dealings. I can't remember the last time I told a lie. I just can't stand it. There have been many times in my life it would be so much easier to lie, but I just can't do it. When I was in 9th grade my mom wrote me a letter. She told me how proud she was of my honesty. I have been determined that she will still feel that way about me when I see her again.

Quick note on today. CRTs are done! Yay! Stockton is still taking his math scantron and has to finish at home. He hasn't even started his Language Arts one...so we will be doing that this week. After the CRTs, we met Mike at Leatherby's. When I saw how expensive it was I told the kids that we weren't going to have lunch, just order the icecream. They loved it and it was a good way to celebrate the end of testing, although I have no idea why I didn't think of going to Iceberg.

No comments: