Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Carl Bloch

Today I took my kids to the Carl Bloch exhibit at BYU. Bubs & Ange and their family came as well. Let's just say that my experience was not the same as the lady in conference. You know, who watched an extremely reverent four year old. My four year old kept saying, "You're wrong Mom, it's not beautiful." Oh boy. Maysen enjoyed it the most and commented on how the paintings looked like photographs. My favorite was the life cycle of Christ that is in some castle. That was quite amazing.

My kids sure did like the end of the exhibit. Just out the door was something that looked like black carpet. They were fascinated by it. I came over closer and realized they were alphabet noodles painted black. Weird. Also, they enjoyed the giant pile of books in the center of the room. I can't remember how much it weighed, but about as much as 30 cars.

Anyway, we survived and I'm glad we were able to go. I probably should have left Preston home, but you never know if it would be something he would love. As soon as we got home, Stockton and I got ready to go to his Wii party. This was held at RC Willey and was a K12 event. They had pizza and played Wii. Stockton enjoyed himself and also met his teacher in person for the first time. She was really nice and very interested and proud of Stockton. We have talked a few times on the phone, it was great to finally meet her. She lives in Washington County, so it was really nice of her to come all the way up. She even called Stockton a few weeks ago to personally to invite him.

Mrs. Seymour & Stockton

No comments: