Monday, March 21, 2011

Reverse Dive

Stockton did a reverse dive today. That is a dive where you stand facing forward on the board, then you jump forward and do a backward dive. Crazy scary. The first time he did one a ton of people started cheering. They knew it was his first time. One of the high school kids came over and gave Stockton five. At the end of practice, I told Stockton how great it was. He said, "What? That I landed on my back?" I said, "No, that you landed on your head. Why do you think everyone was cheering?" He said, "Because they felt bad for me"....or something like that. I can't remember exactly what he said, but it made me laugh. I'll have to ask him in the morning. Anyway, it was pretty awesome. Stockton's inward dives are getting pretty good as well. One girl hit the board with her leg as she was diving. Ouch.

I took Maysen back to the chiropractor today so we could look at her x-rays. Good news is she doesn't have the L-5 fused to her pelvis. (I just made up random words, I can never remember what the doctor says to me, but it was something like that.) Anyway, she doesn't have my problem, but her spine is curved. It's not too bad, just 10%. Might as well try to get it straightened up. Dr. Fries thinks she will need to be adjusted once a month for a little while. She has me coming every two weeks. My back is pretty sore right now. She warned me I would hurt more this time. Hopefully soon I can get to where my back doesn't always hurt. Now when I say my back hurts, this is nothing like Courtney. It's more of a constant annoying kind of pain, but I can still function. But if I can get the annoying pain to go away I think that would be very nice.

No comments: