Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Rachel is in the States!

I just chatted with Brett on facebook. Rachel has landed at Travis Air Force Base and is now spending the night with one of her good friends. How cool is it that Rachel got sent to Travis? She couldn't have planned it better if she tried. The flight was about 8-9 hours long. They gave priority to those that were pregnant or with children under two. Brett said he laughed thinking about an entire flight across the Atlantic filled with babies. My thought was, I would rather have a flight full of babies then have the only babies on the flight. (Brett was laughing thinking about the flight attendants who have to deal with all the possible chaos.) I don't envy Rachel going on that long flight with two little ones, but I'm glad she did because she is here! I don't know when we will get to see her, but just knowing she is in the States is great. I think she flies to Boise tomorrow, then one day she will come see me! I can't wait to squeeze Marie and hold Mina! Yay for good things coming out of bad situations!

4 comments:

The Jensen's said...

Yipee! I'm glad I can always count on your daily blogging to keep me updated on everything!! Thanks Steph!

Oregon Millburns said...

Oh my....:(...tear...I am so jealous...:( Please love on Marie & Mina for me :(...tear....so jealous

brett said...

Not to be technical, but they flew over the Pacific. Pretty funny though how every single family on the plane was either pregnant or had a child under 2. Good times!

And yes, Rachel is now with her family in Emmett, and hopefully is finally sleeping.

Stephanie said...

Whoops! Guess I can't get the Atlantic out of my mind. I now live closer to the PACIFIC. Sorry about that. Glad your girls made it safely to Idaho!