Thursday, February 24, 2011

Editorial

Stockton had to write an editorial for one of his assignments. I'm sure you will all agree, I'm a mean mom. Luckily, I'm the one who makes the rules....sorry Stockton. Here is his editorial:

You shouldn't have to be 80 lbs. to get out of a booster seat. Think about short & skinny peoples' misfortune, having to be stuck in a booster seat until they're somewhere around the age of 14 years old. I personally think it's annoying. Why? Well...

Like I said before, you shouldn't have to be 80 lbs. to get out of a booster seat. I'm 11 years old, & I'm still in a booster seat. My sister is too, & she's 13! We run in a short family, & my mom won't let us out of our booster seats because she's worried about something called "safety".

Other people, like my friends & cousins, are shocked when they see we're still in a booster seat. Besides our family, I don't know anybody that's in one. When my other sister was in Kindergarten, she had a friend in her class that was already out of a booster seat. Apparently her mom didn't care at all about that thing called "safety".

Years ago, I found about 70 cents, & I've kept them in the car. Once in a while, I drop a coin, & my booster seat is in the way, so I can't reach out & grab it before it gets wedged between my car seat & the side of the car. I've lost some coins, & I can't get them back. I'm losing money fast, & I can't do much about it. My booster seat also gets in the way of my seatbelt. Oh, by the way, for those of you who are thinking, "Too bad, it's not me, so I don't care." You're not helping. If you are, you probably didn't have your life ruined by that pest that goes by the name of "safety".

Think about this. You're about 12 years old, you're stuck in a booster seat, you keep dropping coins & can't get them back, & you watch with envy as kids get in their parents' car, booster-seat-free. I'm telling you, I say we should get out at age 8, despite your height & weight. Protest against booster seats!

3 comments:

Brett - Rachel B said...

Haha! What a funny kid. But I am sorry he has to be in a booster seat.
Very good!

brett said...

I'm glad it's not me.

Stockton, have you ever asked your Mom how old she was before she could get out of her booster seat?

FitzSimmons Times said...

Sorry Steph but I have to agree with Stockton on this one - however, mom's do still get to make the rules! :) I agree that 7 or 8 is a good time to lose the booster seat -- Good luck with your campaining Stockton!