Monday, February 21, 2011

CARPET

Home! Preston and I made it home around two o'clock. Mike had the kitchen looking great. That was a nice surprise. My dad took us out to The Bear Paw in St. George. I can't wait to go back. I am very glad that I am done driving. I am going to bed early tonight.

We have carpet! Almost. One poor guy is carpeting our entire house. He works like a horse. Never takes a break, not even to eat. Mike keeps offering, but he says he's fine. He has the carpet laid in the basement, but only stretched in the main room. He will come tomorrow and finish stretching the basement, then on Wednesday to do the upstairs. The carpet is so soft. It will be so exciting when it is done!

My cousin, Tammi, wanted to see pictures of what we were working on. I told her the pictures would be very boring, but I will put them up anyway. The picture below is from the theater room looking out. Mike moved the door about seven inches so our TV cabinet would fit on the other side. You can see our carpet and where the wet bar use to be. I am SO glad we got rid of that. The room is much bigger and less creepy.
This is the closet my dad spent a week working on. It looks great. It use to be a door from the boys room to the bathroom. There were three doors going into the bathroom and we thought it would be annoying. We are going to use this closet for swimming things. At least that is what the plan is. We don't have nearly as much storage space in this house as we did in Georgia.
This is the door Mike added in the bathroom. It separates the toilet/sink from the tub. With only one bathroom in the basement, we thought this would be a good idea. We are really happy with how it turned out.
This is the backside of the closet my dad worked on. He worked on this side as well. Our plan is to put shelves up the entire way. Should look great when we are done. You can also see the carpet, but it is not cut. Soon.
And here is our lovely, lovely carpet. I wonder if we would have loved it as much if we didn't have to wait for it so long. Doesn't matter, I'm glad it is finally here!

1 comment:

Brett - Rachel B said...

Hey! Thats some great carpet!