Saturday, February 19, 2011

Blake's Blessing

Today Preston and I spent the entire day with Skye, Larkin and Blake. It was awesome. Preston loved it. Skye and Preston get along so well. When Preston woke up, Skye was at the store with her dad. He gave her a big hug as soon as she came in the door.
Skye & Preston
Not going to take his arm off of her.
Skye, Larkin & Preston with their pillowpets from my dad
It was cold in Arizona. Very windy.
Preston, Skye, Larkin
I was so excited to hold BLAKE! Skye and Larkin both told me that his nickname was Jimmer. He is such a sweet baby. So tiny and so big at the same time.

Stephanie & Blake

Skye, Blake, Dad
Preston, Skye & Blake

Christen's dad (a.k.a. Poppy) had all the kids mesmerized by his cell phone.

Skye, Poppy, Preston
Skye & Preston
The baby blessing was at Mike & Christen's house. I guess they will only let them bless the babies on Fast Sunday in their ward down here. Mike and Christen will be moving to New Mexico next week....well, Mike will. Christen and the kids don't have anywhere to go yet... The member of the bishopric was about a half hour late. I guess he was waiting for his wife to get home. No big deal except Blake was perfect while we were waiting. When it was time for the blessing he cried through the entire thing....and messed his pants. The blessing was really good though. Blake is so sweet and so loved already! You can tell in these pictures how much his sisters adore him.
Christen & Blake (and Preston's hand!)
Christen, Blake, Mike
Weston (Christen's soon-to-be brother in law),
Matthew (Christen's brother),
Poppy, Jimmer, Mike, Dad, Bishopric Dude

Larkin & Skye
Larkin ~ What an angel!
Blake & Larkin ~ First smile I think
Precious
She's in love!
Skye, Mike, Christen & Blake, Larkin

Mike, Christen & Blake
Blake Michael




Awesome.

4 comments:

Oregon Millburns said...

Oh my, Blake is adorable! You got so many cute pictures! They make such a cute family with 3 kids now :) I wish we lived in Utah so we could have been there. Lucky you!

Christen said...

I need to just post a link to your blog from mine since who knows when I'll get around to it myself! Thank you SO much for making the long trip to be here with us. We loved having you guys here. And thanks for being the photographer. :)

P.S. My brother's name is Matthew and it's Pop for his kids and Poppy for the grandkids. :)

Stephanie said...

I guess I better change that then. I thought about calling you to ask, but then I was lazy. We were so glad we could come! I wish everyone were close. I'm dying to hold Mallory and Mina!

mandy said...

david forgot to tell me about the blessing... feel so bad to have missed it when catching up on your posts! (would've been really fun to see you)