Saturday, January 22, 2011

Washing Walls

That is pretty much what I did all day. Wash walls. My fingertips feel numb. The kids came over and helped in the morning, then we realized that it would go much faster without their help. Maysen did a great job with the paint roller. Much better than me. When I had the roller it felt suspiciously like a craft. All I could notice were my mistakes. We are hoping to have the entire basement primed tonight. Mike is still there with his sister, Sherry. She has been such a great help these past few days.

While Mike, Maysen and I were working in the basement, I had Stockton outside watching the kids. About twenty minutes later he comes in holding a dead bird! It was a magpie. He was wondering if it was real.

Today was the Reading Bowl in Georgia. I miss that! That was such an amazing experience for my children. Anyway, Mirror Lake finished FIRST again! That is three years in a row now! I bet Diersche is so excited. Mirror Lake has the best Reading Bowl coaches. I am so happy for them! Stockton and Maysen thought that was great as well. I have a hard time putting my feelings about it into words, it's just so, so cool!

No comments: