Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Snowed In

When I took Jorja to school this morning, there were a few little innocent flakes. I dropped her off, ran into Walmart for fifteen minutes to grab milk and a few other things. I came out to a giant snowstorm. Oh boy. I was so worried about getting up Mike's driveway in my van. It was snowing so hard I missed the turn off of Wasatch. I was praying so hard on the way home. "Please help me get up the driveway....." I took the driveway pretty fast. Just like Mike says you need to do. I was a little worried a few times, but I made it. Whew. About five minutes later my tire tracks were completely covered. Mike was planning on coming home during lunch to plow, but it was still snowing pretty hard. I called him and asked if he could pick up Jorja from school instead. I did not want to go out there again. By three it had stopped snowing, so I was thinking I could still take Maysen and Stockton to scouts and young womens...I had already written that off. Mike was out plowing the road and said that the snow plow slipped several times and he barely made it back. In a snow plow. Granted he was out of salt, but yikes! So, I happily stayed the rest of the day inside.

This morning I ordered my first Groupon. I was pretty excited about it. It was $50 of groceries from Winder Dairy for $20. I had a $10 coupon thing on top of that, so $50 for $10. Bubs thinks I will have to sign up for weekly deliveries, but I hope not. I hope it is at least a choice....we'll see.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I love using Groupon. I get coupons from there to restaurants all the time.

Alisha said...

Hey I know one of the Winder sons of Winder Dairy! He and his family live in our ward. They are awesome! One of the many families we will miss dearly when we move. : ( Enjoy your amazing deal!