Friday, January 14, 2011

Dreaming Chinese

Maysen said that a few nights ago, Jorja sat up in the middle of the night and started speaking random Chinese words. Funny. She is enjoying her Chinese class now, although it is still super hard. Preparing for her spelling tests are crazy. I can't believe she can do it so well.

Mike and I went to the storage unit today to get the riding lawnmower, air compressor and his cannon. The idea was to move out some big things at the front of the unit so we can get to things we really need/want. We stopped at Home Depot first and bought a few boards. Once we made it to the storage unit, we placed the boards against the truck so we could roll the things up. This worked well for the air compressor, but the lawn mower was a different story. It was really hard to get up, but between the two of us we managed it.

Once we got to our new house, getting the big items down posed a different problem. We couldn't roll the items on the boards without the boards falling off the truck. So, I stood on the boards so they wouldn't move. For the most part this was fine, but when it came to the lawn mower it was a different story again. I was standing on the boards, crouched down to put as much weight as I could; but my 95 pounds was no match for the lawn mower. I must have looked pretty silly trying with all my might to hold those boards in place. The lawn mower made it half way down the boards before it defeated me. It fell, but landed on the wheels. Looks like no damage was done. Glad I got out of that one unscathed! Well, just a little scathed but I'm healing up nicely.

No comments: