Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Scary Roads

Grandma & Preston

We left home this morning to drive on some pretty scary roads. I was so glad it was Mike driving and not me. The freeway was down to one lane, because the other lane was too nasty. Everyone was going about 30 miles an hour. Then out of nowhere, big trucks zoomed past. They were so close and made it so you couldn't see at all.

Once we got around Lagoon, everything cleared up. It was a little rainy, but we are used to driving in rain. We made it up to Mike's house - no problem. We got home around 3:30, just in time to get ready to go diving. About 4:15 we headed out, and it was snowing. There was already an inch on the ground. I guess that should have been my first clue. Once down the driveway, I realized that this might not be a good idea. I told Mike we should miss diving today. We turned around and couldn't make it up the driveway. We decided since we couldn't make it up, we might as well go. So we did. If we thought the roads were bad on the way back from Idaho, they were tons worse on the way to diving. It was crazy because we were just on these roads!

I couldn't even watch I was so scared. I was more scared because our van got stuck twice already. We did make it to diving. We were only fifteen minutes late. I was so glad it wasn't cancelled. I figured that would be just our luck. Once we got there, I was glad Stockton was able to go. He didn't go on Monday and he probably can't go next Monday.

Now for the drive home. It wasn't too bad, but we parked the van on Wasatch and Mike walked all the way to his house. He brought the jeep down and we ferried the kids up. Once everyone was safe in the house, Mike and I went and took the van to our new house. Now it didn't make it up our new driveway! We tried toeing it with the jeep, but it wouldn't budge. So, as of now, it is halfway up our driveway. At least it is off the road.

3 comments:

FitzSimmons Times said...

Sounds like you might need some Utah snow tires!

John P Parry said...

Glad to read this. Your blog is a lot more dependable than your phone. We were so glad to hear that you all got home safe.
Love Grandpa Parry

Stephanie said...

We DO need Utah tires! Sorry Grandpa...I do need to answer my phone more. Whoops.