Monday, December 27, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!

That's a lot of candles
Preston, Maysen and Stephanie
Being at the cabin on my birthday is the best! Jorja and Preston woke me up early this morning with breakfast in bed. Mike was excited to give me my present in the morning. Preston said, "I want to give you an ipod or an iphone from me." Mike made me go for a treasure hunt to find my present. I found a present in the woodbox that was chirping. It was an iphone. I wonder if Preston knew what the present was. Mike gets annoyed with my phone because I never carry it. I don't like to carry it because my battery is horrible. Mike was going to get me a battery, but instead he bought an old iphone off of his boss. Works for me.

The other gift I was given was from my dad. He gave me Trek to Zion. Basically it is exactly the same as Ticket to Ride. Exactly. Maysen enjoyed it though, because it didn't have any passengers. Even Jorja played. It was her first time playing any Ticket to Ride version, and she did really well. I won the game, so it was pretty fun.

Most of the day was spent outside. Love, love, love the cabin. We raced down the hill over and over. Paul ended up getting to five first. Stockton was excited to get on the scoreboard. We also went to the springs for a few runs. What birthday would be complete without a trip to the springs? At least for me. Mike and I both took a snowmobile up, Stockton and Jorja rode behind us. There was a lot of snow, but the gutter lanes still existed. Still fun though.

The end of the day was spent playing games and more games. Scene it?, Word on the Street, Dominion, and Pillage and Plunder. I just dominated P&P, so it was pretty cool. Mike is trying to get Matt to play Scrabble right now....we'll see how that goes.

The other cool things that happened today were: I got Maysen and Stockton to play Dominion this morning and they liked it. Maysen, Jorja and Stockton made me a birthday cake all by themselves. It was yummy. What a wonderful day.
Jorja and Maysen

1 comment:

Brett - Rachel B said...

For the record we talked about calling you all day on the 27th... but it was the 27th in Japan. By the time we could call you on the 28th it was midnight your time. .... so for the record we totally thought about you all day! That counts right?