Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

We are at the cabin! How fun to spend Christmas here. We figured that since we were in between houses, we would have our entire Christmas here. We left Utah this morning and went straight to Aunt Jackie's house for a yummy dinner. It was so fun to see my family. I love my family. They are so fun to be around and every one of them is just amazing. I was telling the kids about Jacoby on the way up, and he was there....all the way from Arizona (with Tyler and Missy). Matt and Tami were there from Pennsylvania. Rob and Stacie from Michigan. Jordyn from Arizona and all the people from Idaho. My cousin, Katie, got engaged today, so that was really exciting. It pays to sit by Grandma & Grandpa...you get to hear all the good news first.

We left dinner and went up to the cabin (after opening Christmas pajamas at Grandma's). The roads were perfect the entire way. Thank goodness. Steve told us to get his 4-wheeler to help bring our stuff up the cabin. The snow machines are down in Idaho Falls. Mike walked to Steve's cabin and brought the 4-wheeler down. But it couldn't make it up the hill. There is a TON of snow! I love it! But we had to walk up the hill. The kids did great and didn't complain. Once we got up there I found out Stockton didn't wear his coat. He just had his blanket. As much as I love Grandma's blankets, I don't think they can replace a coat.

The kids are all snug in their beds with visions of sugar plums dancing in their heads. Mike and I have been taking several trips down the mountain. The last trip I said, "We don't need anything else....that is it." Then we realized we left the stockings in the car. Mike was nice enough to make the last trip without me while I blog. Yes, I am blogging at the cabin. Mike has this cool box to get the Internet. Much cooler than the box I tried to get in the summer. This one actually works! It works so well that the Internet is faster here then at Mike's house. Should we let the kids know?

Well, off to get Christmas ready! I love this time of year!

3 comments:

brett said...

Sounds like fun. Stockton can drink out of my Alf mug if he wants.

Erca said...

Lucky! Our backyard is absolutely snow-free!

Stephanie said...

Brett- Stockton turned his nose up at your Alf mug. I guess he didn't like the football helmet. And he didn't know who Alf was.

Erica - It is snowing like crazy right now! I think it is up to our knees.