Tuesday, December 7, 2010

"Before I Was in the Family"

Every once in awhile, Preston will say something like, "Before I was in the family I liked this cereal." That always gives me a chuckle. I guess he gets it from us saying, "That happened before you were in the family." He also told me, "Remember when you couldn't pick me up?" What? That stopped me in my tracks. I bent down and asked him, "Do you remember that? What do you remember?" He said, "You couldn't pick me up, so that guy would." I asked what that guy would do and he said, "Give me to you." Unbelievable. Preston was not even one when I had my surgery. Many different people use to hand Preston to me so I could feed him. 'That guy' could have been my dad, Brett, Mike (my brother), or Jerome.

After this sweet conversation, Preston had the freak-out of all freak-outs. We were at the store and he saw a Toy Story bowl. He really wanted it. I told him he couldn't have it. He 'snuck' it into the cart. I told him, "I see the bowl in the cart and you still can't have it." He cried, "But I really, really want it." I was at the self check-out line and he saw me put the bowl on top of the register. Man did he scream! I tried not to laugh too hard at him, but it was really funny. I guess I should have been embarrassed, but it was hilarious. To me. I'm sure not to anyone else, but he was just ridiculous that it was so funny. I wish Mike could have seen it, although he probably would have been embarrassed.

No comments: