Thursday, November 25, 2010

Stockton Wins

Happy Thanksgiving! As soon as I woke up today, Stockton greeted me singing, "I win! I win!" For his birthday - way back in January....Mike and I gave him three coupons to get out of eating dinner. He wanted to save one for Thanksgiving. I told him there was no way he could save it that long. I guess I was wrong. He used his coupon today and liked it. Doesn't he understand how delicious Thanksgiving dinner is? Apparently not.

My dad came up early today and started cooking. It was great. I didn't have to worry about cooking and he didn't have to worry about cleaning. That's what you call a win-win. I did make cranberry sauce, banana cream pie and chocolate cream pie - but that was all. My dad set off the smoke detector and the fire department came. They even walked up the entire driveway. We probably should have given them some cookies for their trouble.

People started arriving at our house around 4. It was a little tricky getting up the driveway. Some had to be pushed. Mike drove some cars up since he is an expert. Grandma walked up by herself! Not the entire driveway, but still quite a bit. We didn't know she was here until she walked in the door.

Mike & Christen and their girls came all the way from Arizona. When Preston saw Skye, he walked right up to her and gave her a big hug. So cute! I finally gave Ange back Ella's little brush that I have had in my pocket since Shannon's wedding. Jorja reminded me. Preston grabbed it and broke it thirty seconds before I gave it back. Seriously. I have carried that thing around for a month, and now he breaks it? Sorry about that Ange (and Ella).
The whole group
(Love Ella & Skye holding hands!)
Jae, Todd, Grandma, Mark, Gayle
Brittany, Sadie, Trey, Eric & Colton
Cathy, Max & my Dad
Ange, Abigail & Bubs
Lincoln & Ella
Maysen, Preston, Steph, Stockton, Mike, Jorja
Mike & Christen
Skye & Larkin
Larkin & Skye
Skye
Cousins tackling Uncle Matt
While we were eating, we talked to Brett on Skype. It was great! Marie is so dang cute. Rachel wasn't there. She was shopping Black Friday sales. I didn't know they did Black Friday in Japan. Too bad we didn't get to see John & Cassie. I can't wait to meet Mallory. We missed you guys!
Brett on Skype
I am so thankful for my wonderful family. I am thankful Matt didn't die this weekend, and I'm thankful that I now live in Utah. I am thankful for so many things. I sure do have a wonderful life!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Great pictures Stephanie! I love all you Millburns! (And Smith's)

I can't believe Stockton wants to get out of eating dinner... sheesh.

Oregon Millburns said...

I couldn't be more sad after reading this post :( I miss you all so much and wished we could have been there with you all on Thanksgiving. It figures...after we move you all are together on Thanksgiving except for us, Brett & Rachel. So sad we couldn't have been there. It looked like a blast!

Stephanie said...

Thanks Natalie! I agree that Stockton is crazy. And Cassie, we missed you guys too!