Sunday, November 21, 2010

Missing Matt

I am worried sick right now. My brother Matt is missing. He went hiking in the slot canyons of Southern Utah. (No Mans - Robbers Roost in Hanksville). Matt's hiking party was scheduled to come back Saturday night, but they did not. Search and Rescue has been looking for them all day, but the search has been called off. They weren't able to get a helicopter into the air because of the winds. They did find Matern's car, but not Matt's. They think everyone piled into Matt's car to go a little farther to start the hike. Hopefully they are out of the canyon and we just don't know it.

It is a winter wonderland here. Preston told me that his favorite food was snow.

4 comments:

Chad said...

Really?? I'm worried too. Please write as soon as you hear any news.

Stacie Couch said...

Oh no! That is just awful! I hope they are found safe and soon! Keep us updated please!

Sarah boo said...

I hope that everything is ok. I'll say a prayer for him.

Stephanie said...

Thanks. Great news today. I am so glad he is home!