Monday, November 15, 2010

Just Embarrassing

Preston drove me nuts today! Seriously bonkers! He has been wearing underwear since he turned four. That was our deal. He is about 50/50. He gets so involved in the computer he just doesn't care. When I was getting him dressed, he was mad that he didn't have pockets. I said, "I'm sorry, this one doesn't have pockets." He said, "Then I'm going to wet them then you'll give me pockets." Oh boy. I paused for a moment to try to decide if I wanted to fight this battle. I decided I didn't. I said, "All right, I'll get you pants with pockets, but you need to keep them dry."

At lunch Preston wanted cake. I told him he had to have something healthy first. He started screaming, "Cake is healthy! I want cake! I only want cake! I'm going to throw-up if you don't give me cake!" He did not get cake, and he did not throw-up.

After lunch, he was playing his computer and I asked if he was stinky. He said, "yes". It took him a minute to realize that he was wearing underwear. I told him this was the last time I was going to wash stinky underwear. Next time I will throw the underwear away. Oops. That made him MAD! He absolutely refused to wear underwear because he was afraid he would wet it. He kept screaming, "I want pull-ups! I will be sick without pull-ups! I'm going to throw-up if I don't have pull-ups!" That went on for a couple of hours. He wouldn't wear underwear, and I wouldn't let him wear pull-ups. It was awful. Especially since I'm trying to do homeschool in the midst of this screaming. I went upstairs with Maysen to look in the microscope. He followed me, screaming. Then Scoop came home with the puppies. They jumped all over him. Scoop had his hands full and I couldn't get to him fast enough. Two puppies jumping on a naked four year old. Wonderful. He had scratch marks all over his chest.

Finally when it was time to get Jorja from school, I let him get in pull-ups. I had told him that he could wear them if we were going somewhere. He promised he would stay awake, but he didn't. He slept all the way until diving. The worst part of all this is, Preston usually is the happiest, easiest kid. Super sweet, kind and not a problem. Then he pulls this screaming fit when Scoop and Cori are here. They are usually in St. George. They probably thinks he acts like this all the time. He hasn't screamed like this since he was 9 months old. (He screamed constantly for the first 9 months of his life, then has been practically perfect ever since.)

Anyway, that was embarrassing.

Diving was fun. Jorja even did a flip! They are getting so brave! I love watching them! After diving we went to a celebration dinner at Chuck-a-Rama. Stockton has been wanting to go there for a long time. We should close on our house tomorrow. The seller signed the papers today, so unless we back out we will be owners of two homes tomorrow! Yikes!

2 comments:

Oregon Millburns said...

Oh Preston! Be nice to your mommy! Going on the big potty is awesome, believe me! :)
Congrats on your upcoming closing on your new house! I want to see pictures of this place!

Sarah boo said...

I could never stand cleaning poopy underwear. Luckily, the opportunity has only come up a handful of times. I just throw them away. I'm so grossed out that I would rather buy new underwear than wash the poop out. I know, not very economical.