Saturday, November 13, 2010

Jorja's Baptism

Today was such an exciting day. Jorja was baptized. She looked stunning. She was baptized along with two other children. One boy and one girl from a different ward. We got there about a minute before it was suppose to start. We were doing pretty good on time, but I realized I had left a spotlight sheet about Jorja that I was asked to fill out. We turned around, but I couldn't find it. Once we entered the chapel, I hurriedly wrote down what I remembered on the back of the program. I handed it to Brother Bromley while the bishop for the other ward was speaking. They read the spotlights of the children at the beginning of the program. One of the questions was 'What is your favorite activity to do with your family?' I thought it was funny that the boy put Go on cruises and the girl put Go to Maui. Jorja put playing games. We do have a lot of fun playing games together.

One of my favorite parts of the program was when Stockton, Erica, Jacob & Weston sang He Sent His Son. Lisa played for them. We were asked to find a musical number yesterday. These kids got up there without practicing at all and sounded great. They were a little rocky during the first stanza, but after that it was beautiful. I loved it. It is Jorja's favorite primary song, so it was just perfect. I loved that Maysen was able to say the opening prayer and Stockton was able to sing. They both had a part in her baptism program.

Jorja was able to get baptized first. She wore a beautiful dress that Scoop and Cori had given her. She got to be baptized TWICE! The first time part of her dress floated up, so she wasn't completely immersed. The second time, Mike made sure she went under and really dunked her! I watched Jorja from the side of the font. Everything was perfect. Except Preston fell asleep and missed the entire thing. I handed him off to Melissa and she carried him the rest of the baptism program.

After the baptism, my dad was able to talk to her about what just happened (being baptized) and what was going to happen (receiving the Holy Ghost). He did a great job and was able to explain in simple terms the importance of today.

I am so proud of Jorja. She is an amazing little girl. She is so Christ-like. She will give up something she really wants if she knows it will make someone else happy. I have seen her do this many, many times. Jorja is filled with pure love. I hope she will always live her life so that she will be able to have the blessing of the companionship of the Holy Ghost. She is such a joy and I am so blessed to have her in my life. I love you Porge!
Jorja & Mike
After the baptism, we had everyone come over to Scoop and Cori's house for snacks....lots and lots of snacks. Scoop and Cori really helped us out and the day was wonderful.

Jorja's second dress was the dress Maysen wore at her baptism. Jorja is wearing the necklace and bracelet that Sister Prillaman helped me make before we moved from Georgia. Jorja looked beautiful. She wore her dress the rest of the day. It was pretty funny to see her chasing dogs and sliding around in her beautiful clothes. She is such a crazy, happy girl.
Jorja, Mike, Stockton, Maysen, Stephanie, Preston
Maysen doesn't act like a teenager at all
Stephanie & Jorja
Jorja & Mike
Leave it to Mike's family to do this to a perfectly lovely cake. Actually it was pretty awesome. Jorja had picked out some snowman peeps, then they added pretzels for the campfire. I'm not sure who lit it, but nice one.
My Grandpa Parry came all the way down from Idaho just for Jorja. He drove back right after. I love my grandpa so much. He sure knows how to make us feel special and important. Everything he ever does is for his family. My Grandma Parry is just as amazing, but she is now too sick to travel. I know she would give just about anything to be here for Jorja. When we were in the chapel, I whispered to Preston that Grandpa Parry was in front of us. He turned to me and said, "Did he make my brown blanket?" Grandma Parry made Preston his brown blanket that he carries everywhere and sleeps with every night. He always tells me that Grandma Parry made it for him.
Jorja & Grandpa Parry

Stephanie, Jorja & Ron...my dad....Jorja's grandpa
My Grandma Millburn was able to come as well! Her eye is red because she had surgery on it, and she has a cast on her wrist because she fell and broke it. As my Grandpa Parry would say, "Getting old is not for sissies!" I am so glad Grandma was able to come.
Grandma Millburn & Jorja
Jorja & Princess
Scoop, Cori & Jorja
I really wanted to get a picture of Jorja and Weston together. I got a picture with Scoop & Cori, but when I asked Jorja and Weston to stand by the piano, Weston bonked his head on the corner. HARD! I am not kidding. That must have hurt. Weston barely even flinched. He walked it off and was completely fine. My kids would have been rolling around on the ground writhing in pain. That kid is tough! Too bad I didn't get my picture though. Maybe we'll get one when Weston gets baptized next year.
Scoop, Cori, Weston, Jorja
Jorja & Grizzly
Stockton is completely obsessed with his cousins. He talks about them all the time and always wants to be with them. I asked Stockton if he had a fun day, he said it wasn't perfect. I asked why and he said, "Because it didn't last forever."
Brandon & Stockton
They don't have any fun together
Grizzly, Jorja, Stephanie
Jorja & Stephanie
Thank you to all who made Jorja's day so special. We are so blessed to be around so many people who love us. I am so proud of this little girl!

4 comments:

Brett - Rachel B said...

What a sweet heart! Congratulations Porje!

Matt said...

Congrats to Jorja and the whole family. Looks like you're loving life back in Utah!

Oregon Millburns said...

Congratulations Jorja! We're so happy for you and so proud of you!

Christen said...

Jorja looks beautiful! What an exciting and special day for her -- can't wait to see you soon!