Thursday, November 4, 2010

Jorja the Smarty-Pants

Today I had parent-teacher conference with Jorja and her teacher. Her teacher was pretty much blown away with Jorja. I chuckled inside. She was pretty much off the charts in all the categories. It's nice that she is off the charts on something besides her weight. Well, she's back on the charts now, but it took YEARS. The only thing her teacher wanted her to work on was participating more in class. She asked Jorja if she would make a goal to raise her hand when she knew the answer. Jorja shook her head fervently. I told the teacher, "I promise, she is my loudest child. Just at home." I know exactly how Jorja feels. I hated raising my hand in school. I can't stand it when people I don't know very well look at me...or if I have to talk to them. Poor Jorja, not a fun trait to inherit.

Yesterday I had my hair cut. I cut quite a bit off. I was wondering how long it would take Mike to notice. I don't know the answer because finally I spilled the beans. He pointed out that I didn't notice his haircut either. I think that if he had hair halfway down his back and cut it to his shoulders....I would probably notice. But let's not test that theory.

No comments: