Saturday, November 27, 2010

Gingerbread Lane

Three years ago, when Ange came to Georgia to help take care of me after my surgery, Ange made these awesome gingerbread houses. They were really fun and very delicious. Ange said that if we ever moved to Utah we could make this a tradition. You better believe I was right on top of that one. I reminded Ange of that idea almost as soon as I moved to Utah. We decided that she would make the gingerbread and I would buy the candy. I think I got the better end of that deal.

Bubs and his family came over this morning to make the houses. We were hoping that Mike & Christen could come, but they needed to start their drive back to Arizona. My dad was able to come up too, so that was really fun. The kids did great and it was so cute to see them working with the frosting. Preston was so proud and has told me several times today how much fun it was making gingerbread houses. He even said, "My next gingerbread house is going to be even greater!" I think this is going to be a great tradition.
Maysen, Mike, Preston, Steph, Jorja, Ron, Ella, Ange, Abbs
Bubs, Lincoln, Stockton


Maysen & Preston

Jorja & Lincoln
Porge
Lincoln
Ella
Stockton
Mike
Lincoln & Ange
My Dad
Ange, Abigail, Lincoln, Ella, Bubs
Maysen, Mike, Stockton, Jorja, Preston, Stephanie
Ella, Grandpa, Lincoln (he thought he was so funny to not look)
Maysen & Abbs, Stockton, Jorja, Preston
Bubs got Lincoln to look up by acting CRAZY!
Lincoln thought that was so funny.
Thanks Ange! My kids had a blast!

3 comments:

The Jensen's said...

How fun! We did that today in Park City too. What a great tradition! Thanks again for having us over for Thanksgiving. It was really great to see everyone. I really appreciated you making us feel welcome.

Rachel said...

Thanks for blogging so much. We read your blog every single day.

Chad said...

Those pictures make me want to have this tradition too. It looks great! I think we'll try it for an FHE sometime.