Saturday, November 20, 2010

4-Wheel Drive

I spent this morning working on the Parry Post. The only problem was the power went out for several hours. (When the Parry Post comes out there is an enormous lack of pictures at the end of the issue due to the power outage....but at least it is almost done!)

This afternoon we went to Brandon & Jacob's birthday party. It was at one of those jumping places. We had a great time. I kept trying to do a flip and land on my feet, but I couldn't quite make it. In my defense, the bouncy house was not that bouncy.
Preston was so excited Mike was wearing a yellow jacket like him that he wanted to have their picture taken together

Jacob & Brandon

Brandon
Mike liked to catapult the children. The children liked to be catapulted, so I guess it was a win-win.
Mike getting ready to catapult Weston
Stockton Catapult
Maysen and I were trying to put our arms through this tiny hole to see if we could touch. Steve came by and said, "You can't fit through that." Challenge accepted! It took awhile and was really hard, but I fit through the hole! Mike, Maysen & Steve were my witnesses. Challenge completed!
After our play time was over, we went into the room to eat cake. There was a lady standing near the door with germ-x. My hand started stinging as soon as I got my squirt. That's when I noticed I had a gash taken out of my knuckle. I'm not sure how that happened, but it was worth it.
Brandon's birthday was on Tuesday and Jacob's birthday was today! We've never been able to be at their birthday party before, so this was quite a treat.
Jacob & Brandon
Maysen & Stockton
Mike dropped all of us at home while he went back to the house to tear up more carpet. I worked on the Parry Post. Hopefully that will be finished tomorrow. After a bit I loaded up the kids and took them to the house. They helped us unload logs. (Mike's dad had his workers cut up some logs for us and Mike wanted them to get put away before the snow came.) The kids also helped get rid of the leaves in the boy's window sill. Because we have no carpet, Mike opened the window and we swept them up. We filled up two bags.

Mike talked Preston into going upstairs a secret way. He took him out of the girls window sill. Mike gasped when he got out there. I asked what was wrong and promptly received a snowball in my face. We had no idea it was snowing. There was a ton of it! I was a little nervous to drive home, but I figured it would only get worse. I took the kids in the van, very slowly home. I almost didn't make it up the hill out of our neighborhood. I had the gas pedal down all the way and we were barely creeping along. I did fine until I turned off of Wasatch. I got stuck. Luckily the car got stuck right next to the Bromley's. I left the kids in the car (they all had crocs on) and went and got Brother Bromley. He got his truck and took us up the hill.

When Mike came home, he called his dad and got a quick lesson on how to use the snow plow. After the kids were in bed, we snowplowed the road. I got to control the remote that lifted up the plow. After the road was semi-plowed, it was still too snowy to get the van up the driveway. Mike didn't want to leave the van where it was because he was worried a car would slip and slide right into the van. He went and parked it on Wasatch. I followed him. After we parked the car, we wondered if we could get the van to our new house. It is a lot easier driving in snow when you are going downhill. I followed Mike in the jeep. I have never been so happy with a 4-wheel drive before. Now our van is parked at our new house. At least we know it's not going to get munched there!

No comments: