Thursday, October 7, 2010

Weird Day

What a morning! I was in such a rush to get the kids ready today. I really wanted everyone in the car when I took Jorja to school, that way we could go straight to Steve & Shannon's. I was throwing in things as fast as I could. Preston was stinky, but I decided to change him when we got there. Jorja was late and I felt terrible. As we were driving away, I was thinking to myself, "How could I let this happen? School starts so much later here then it did in Georgia." I thought about that for awhile. When I got to Wasatch Boulevard, I realized that Jorja's school didn't start until 9. It was 8:05. Her school in Georgia started at 8. The good thing was Jorja wasn't late. The bad thing was I had all the kids in the car (one of them stinky) an hour early. I decided to take them to the grocery store to get milk. As we were walking in the store, I noticed an old, black lady standing in her nightgown. She was holding jumper cables. I asked her if she needed any help. She said her car wouldn't start. I put the boys back in the car, Maysen and Jorja stayed with the lady. I pulled my car around to help her . . . hoping I will figure out what I am suppose to do as I go. I needn't have worried. I couldn't get very far because I couldn't figure out how to open the hood of my car. I know where the button thing-a-ma-jig was in my old car, but I couldn't find it in this one. I did manage to cause such a commotion that others came over to help. Soon someone volunteered to use his truck, so I was off the hook. I then gathered my kids to go in the store. I changed Preston, but couldn't find his clothes I thought I packed. I had some shorts and we put Maysen's jacket on him. We survived and were able to drop off Jorja on time for school. I stopped by the house and put the milk in the fridge and changed my shirt. (Preston was very stinky.) We left for Steve & Shannon's house. When we got to the freeway overpass where you leave Draper and enter Riverton, the entire road was closed. We were forced onto State Street. I was stuck in a huge traffic jam, and I wasn't really sure where to go. It took over 45 minutes to get to their house. All so I could use the Internet! Ahhhhhhh! Luckily Scoop and Cori came back today. Just for an hour. Mike was able to move the Internet router out of the locked office. Hopefully we won't have that problem again.

One other thing that happened today. When I went to pick up Jorja from school, the road was closed. They had repaved the road where you enter for the car riders. I wasn't sure what to do, so I parked in the parking lot and waited outside the second grade doors. Here, when the bell rings, all the kids run out. The Kindergartners are led by their teacher, but everyone else just goes. Nothing like Georgia. Anyway, I was waiting by the second grade door and Jorja was taking forever. I noticed others coming out with a math box that I knew she would be bringing home, so I just thought she was still decorating the box. I started thinking, "I'm glad I wasn't in the car rider lane today, everyone would be frustrated because she still isn't here." Awhile later I looked up and there she was crying. She couldn't find me. She didn't see me, so I called to her. She had been headed toward another adult, I overheard that adult say, "Boy, that was scary." Jorja was in music when school let out. Her class went out a different door. Jorja was following some people in her class, but they were walking home. She was lost. Luckily they helped her find the way back to the school. I wish someone would have helped her know where she should go from the beginning. I guess it was just a weird day.

No comments: